Tim and the Tin Titan

16.5.03

How Jessica Lynch Came Home
I read this article from the Guardian and I was even more discouraged with the american media, if this is possible. I already know that I have to take everything I read or hear form them with a degree of scepticism but this goes far beyond distortion of the truth and becomes fabrication of lies.

I can't say that I am angry, more disapointed. I remembered watching the footage of the supposed rescue on TV and thinking "These guys look pretty relaxed for a squad supposedly under fire" and now I know that my hunch was founded. I can almost see a Francis Ford Coppola wannabe behind the camera, like the Apocalipse Now cameo, "Just go by like you're fighting! Don't look at the camera! It's for television!" At least now I know am not acting too paranoid when judging the american media.