Tim and the Tin Titan

21.1.04

Shutter Bug
I read this BBC article about how digital cameras seem to make people better photographers. Since having acquired my first digital camera about six months ago, I can say that I "feel" like a better photographer but I think that this comes mostly from the fact that I am not afraid to experiment. You don't feel like you are wasting time or money when you take a wild shot or multiple takes to get a good one, something I would have been ashamed to try with a traditional camera.

For example, it took about 8 shots of this painted natural gas tank on our way north through Boston, only this one came out nice:


These are some wild shots I took from the dashboard, through the windshield, of the new Zakim Bridge:








And these are just a couple of examples. I'll be the first one to say that these are not masterpeices, far from it, but they are better than anything I would have taken with a regular camera. Digital photography just allows you to play with the art instead of being all serious and deliberate about everything. Dare to try.